Sunday, October 28, 2007

Meaningful Solemnisation Ceremony

Went to Jacky's ROM ceremony yesterday ... meaningful I must say and a wonderful experience for me ... y? cos its the first time I am invited to a Soka Wedding Ceremony ...

Started out with the "by law" ceremony where the couple exchanged vows and signed their pledge and commitment on the marriage cert...

A cert is just a piece of paper.......I think it is the blief of love and the willingness to stay together forever and ever till death that holds the marriage together... hence I don't really approve it when pple sign so called "contracts" for marriage and commitments cos its meaningless... if a person don't want to be bound, no amt of contract can make them do it ... esp emotionally ... that is y there are so many divorces and extra-marrital affairs... U really believe there are so many girls/guys who can lure men/women? Its becos those men/women have already lost faith/not committing in the first place.....


Anyway, the couple looked sweet together... having known Jacky since Sec sch ... RS, CT and I are like hoping that Jacky won't get too nervous ... cos he tend to drench himself in sweat whenever he gets nervous ... heheh :P... Cannot say to be real close to Jacky .. bt we are glad to be part of his life ... He is just that kind of person and any gal is like damn lucky to have him ;) Wenzhen is real pretty too... and sweet to entertain us (a branch of 神经病) haha actually just me la ...


We were told not to take photos of the erm ... object of devotion I called it ... (cos I forgot the name) and I can't find any images of it ... so erm maybe u can see a distant photo later ....


After the "legality", we were brought into the SOKA wedding ceremony where the believers chant prayers esp "Nam-myoho-renge-kyo" where broken down, Myōhō Renge Kyō consists of Myōhō (妙法), "Sublime" or "Mystic" Law, the Dharma underlying all phenomena; Renge (蓮華), the Lotus Flower, which blooms and bears seeds at the same time and therefore signifies the simultaneity of cause and effect, the "natural" law that governs karma; and Kyō (經, "thread passing all the way through a bolt of cloth", but also "scripture"), meaning a teaching of the Buddha. Kyō also connotes sound, such as that of voices, and some Nichiren Buddhists cite this as the reason that they pray using Nam(u)-Myōhō-Renge-Kyō as an invocation. Read




The believers uses in prayers while we the non-believers kept silent as a form of respect while I looked around ... even little kids learn to be quiet and chant their prayers properly, I'm amazed .... Since Jacky or Silin or other SOKA believers never talk/preach or watever abt their religion before, all these are interesting and unknown to me ...

However since I believe that all GODS are the same and should be respected to believe, I was quite interested in finding out more abt this religion.....


After the chanting, the couple, went thru another signing ceremony conducted by one of the higher ranking (think so) senior of the association ... there are some 道理which I quite agree... he says " the man is the pillar and the woman is the cross beam ... if the man falls, the cross beam does and the whole roof collapse.... the man is the wing (he pronouced as wind) of the bird and woman is the body, without either, the bird (family/home/community) cannot survive..." and also the saying which I think all will agree is " love is only true love if the feeling of being in love is even stronger after 25 yrs of marriage..." this is a belief that I firmly believe in myself ...


After the signing, the couple 敬茶to each other, more praying... and the couple brought to us a song "Lovers' concerto" ... even though the pitches are nt there, the sound nt fantastic and lyrics were forgotten, I believed all of us are moved to bits by them .. we can see... sincerely that they do love and care for each other ...


finally is a round of phototaking and I became the official photographer ....haha ..... when I took photo of every group ... hahah .... refreshments for all and then the end of ceremony ... we did have a hard time trying to take pics with the bride and groom since alot of pple came to interrupt with their wishes ... couldn't blame ... they are the star! ;)


Finally managed to take some photos of our own :-

Ain't them a sweet couple?
Also met some long lost friends like Heliang a senior, Junhao, Junwen and Zhiming....
Proceeded to go down Bedok to meet Claire who is accompanying me to repair my SE phone at Wisma ... supposed to go for sushi buffet at Suki Sushi but that is another adventure which I won't want to mix with this wonderful event in the morning ... Since its so wonderful and happy, I shan't complain abt the rude Comfort cab driver I encountered while I waited in the rain in the morning for cab ... ;P
Wishing Jacky ♥ Michelle a blissful & wonderful marriage ! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment