Monday, November 26, 2007

Adventures of the great food critics ...

S a t .... 2 4 N o v 2 0 0 7....

Project A : Searching for cinti's and jf's belated present

Project B : Eating at Suan Thai 101



Went down to Orchard today with the purpose of getting Cinti's and JF's present ... meeting Claire and Dar for lunch before meeting JF and Phil for dinner at Suan Thai 101 Liang Court



went to Ichiban Boshi at Wisma for lunch... yummy~! heheh


Yummy set lunch ... yummy dessert.... yummy~!







Esp the desserts... being a sucker for desserts.... I wanted to just eat dessert and not have a main course ... but Dar and Claire says no ... in case I black out again ...




In the end I had this ....



Wonder hw I am gg to eat dinner if I eat this whole set .... hahah



Desserts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~! Love the Guava sorbet I ordered ... it doesn't taste that great when I first eat it .. however the taste gets better at the bottom .. you can even eat the fruit which they hollowed out for the sorbet ... ;) Mango is nice too~

Nice food = happy people~



Project A goes on as planned after the (heavy) lunch and bought some World of Sports vouchers for JF and Taka vouchers for Cinti ... y vouchers? Well... we are people who prefer getting presents that are practical ... giving money seems so duh ... so its vouchers ... what else but WOS for fitness freak JF and Taka vouchers for Shopping queen Cinti?

Being too full .... and Party world Orchard doesnt cater to KTV @ Lounge in the afternoon... we proceeded to stone at Starbucks for the next hr or so ...

STONE??? aiyo~ So 难得that I goes down to Orchard... Y din I shop? Hmm well... firstly, I am not a shopping person ... and next .. the crowd gets to me ... and last... there are 2 no-I-dun-wanna-walk-anymore-non-shoppers with me ...




Cam whore~ ignore this .. hahah ... since Dar is not a person to take photos... take this opportunity to take more .. and more ... and more~!








Not bad a place with good atmosphere ... cosy, abit cramp if u sit right at the back of the restaurant ..

We took up the budget buffet dinner menu like 17.90 ++ (with 10% discount due to Liang Court opening) and can choose from 23 dishes..! Though some are only for 1 time order, no one seems to be taking note .. around once or twice we were asked whether we ordered those special dishes before .. which I feel is not a great customer-pro thing to do...


still, food taste great .. though my stomach don't quite agree with spicy stuffs.... Loved the Kai Lan and Satay chicken .. seems like chicken is the chef recommendation... and true to their words, they taste great~! So is the green curry .. (though there were some jobs that the curry looks like mold)

Nevertheless, its a great place to have a bdae celebration... a small outing .. but do make a reservation before going cos when we got there at like 6+ the place was almost fully booked.

Halfway thru the dinner, Ah Di was craving for desserts... and mention that Riciotti is nearby ...



Riciotti, an Italian Deli and pastry restaurant located at Boat Quay... one of the restaurants under the Garibaldi group ... I once went for interview at Garibaldi .. however I rejected the job as the welfare was too harsh ... in a very small and cramp office .. but still... the food is great and I wonder will there be any staff discounts if I accepted the job that time (hehe this is call giam beng)







Great presentation of the desserts ... the price is tipping towards expensive... each of the small pastry u see there cost around $5.90 - $6.90 yes .. its EACH~!


Loved its Tiramisu ... and thats the pastry in the first pic ... its VavaVoom! (ooooooo~~) melt in the mouth taste... (wooooooooooooooooow~~) .. its the BEST Tiramisu I've ever tasted .. hehe ... not that I've tried alot but the taste, the blend of the cocoa powder and the wine is just great~! Cannot be described in words... u'll know when u taste it ... ;P



Also liked the Cassata Siciliana in the 2nd pic ...of Ricotta cheese, citrus fruits and dark choc chips... at first the taste wasn't too overwhelming .. abit to the norm... but as u eat, you can taste the individual ingredients yet they blend well..... most desserts taste abit 腻 after sometime .. but this pastry ... taste just as great right to the last bite....


The best is, there is 50% discount on pastries after 9 PM~! yay~! that means u can eat twice as much..... Faster go~~ hahaha I already said I'm a sucker for desserts though I don't like sweet stuffs.



Side note:








I was given this great award by Trin .... She is a great blogger, I enjoyed reading her blog as she is full of hope and unpretentious in her writings ....

I'm just glad that her husband is feeling better and is looking forward to seeing her in Singapore in December .... ;)
Do take care Dearie Trin~


And oh~ I'm a sexy Princess... Wa Ha Ha (more like a Princ excess in real life ;P)
















coming up next .. a Lalila video of Dar....

No comments:

Post a Comment